FOUNDATION OF THE CENTER
By the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan (30.03.2018 № PD-3643), the Center for accreditationunder Standardization, metrology and certification agency of Uzbekistan was established. The functions of the Uzbek Agency for Standardization, Metrology and Certification for accreditation and inspection control of conformity assessment bodies, test and calibration laboratories were transferred to this Center.
CENTER FOR ACCREDITATION
The Center is a specially authorized body for the implementation of accreditation of the conformity assessment bodies.
The scope of the Center’s activities extends to all state bodies, economic management bodies, economic entities that perform valuation and certification of goods and services.
WHAT IS ACCREDITATION?
ACCREDITATION (Latin “accredo" – trust) is the process, in which an official confirmation is obtained that confirms the quality of the services provided meets the relevant requirements.
ACCREDITATION OF CONFORMITY ASSESSMENT BODIES is the procedure for the official recognition of the competence of the applicant (conformity assessment body) to perform work in a certain area of conformity assessment.
WHY DO WE NEED ACCREDITATION?
– provides consumers with a guarantee of the appropriate quality of services to verify the conformity of products, services and measurement accuracy;
– is a proof of the competence of the organization to carry out conformity assessment activities in a certain area;
– gives legal status to the results of the conformity assessment, which means accreditation is carried out on a legal basis.
WHO NEEDS ACCREDITATION?
The Center for Accreditation accredits all legal entities that meet the requirements and conditions of accreditation.
Any legal entity can apply to the Center for Accreditation to prove its compliance with global requirements and the ability to meet customer requirements.
OUR VISION OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE NATIONAL ACCREDITATION SYSTEM AND ITS INTEGRATION INTO THE INTERNATIONAL ACCREDITATION SYSTEM:
– implementation of a unified state policy in the field of accreditation of conformity assessment bodies;
– implementation of international standards in this field;
– realization of accreditation procedures in accordance with international standards of conformity assessment bodies;
– active interaction with international and national accreditation bodies;
– involving a wide range of the public in developing the necessary measures to protect the consumer market from unfair producers of products and, accordingly, conformity assessment bodies that issue certificates of conformity for poor-quality products or services.
Center for accreditation (akkred) is committed to operating its accreditation programs and related services in compliance with ISO/IEC Standard 17011, national and international accreditation requirements and the needs and requirements of its customers.